2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the School’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the School’s website are provided 'as is'. The School makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the School does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the School be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the School or an authorized of the School has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The School does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The School may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The School does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The School has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the School of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Additional Terms & Conditions, Cancellation Policy, & Release and Wavier of Liability
All digital live and recorded sessions are copyright protected and are for personal use only. (not to be shared online or in any format without permission from Yogacharya Donald Abrams and Kriya Love, Kriya Yoga University and Kriya Yoga Wisdom.
Cancellation Policy: Please reschedule or cancel appointment 24 hours in advanced if you need to. If you do not show up for your scheduled class or appointment, and if you have not canceled at least 24 hours in advance you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Release and wavier of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement.
Please read this Waiver in its entirety. ("the fine print" standard details associated with participating in a yoga/meditation class}
This release and wavier of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement (this “waiver”) is a legally binding express statement of assumption of risk and a release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement.
The undersigned (referred to herein as "I" "Me" or "Participant ")desires to participate as a yoga and meditation student, in yoga and meditation classes, and/or consultations, located at Donald Abrams' (d/b/a Kriya Love & Kriya Yoga Wisdom & Kriya Yoga University) ("Kriya Yoga Wisdom")( facility located at [7320 Austin Street, #3D, Forest Hills, NY 77375] and/or offsite location or online (the "Activity").
As lawful consideration for being permitted to participate in the Activity, I hereby for myself, my spouse, children, heirs, personal representatives, and estate, agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. My participation in the Activity is intended solely as a benefit to me as a Participant and is not in furtherance of any business objective of teaching Kriya Yoga and/or representing “Kriya Yoga Wisdom”. I understand that participating in “Kriya Yoga Wisdom” activities is not a grant of certification or permission to teach and/or represent Kriya Yoga meditation techniques and/or “Kriya Yoga Wisdom”.
2. I hereby expressly forever release, waive and discharge “Kriya Yoga Wisdom”, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, predecessors, successors, current and former agents, owners, partners, officers, members, managers, directors, insurers, attorneys, employees, volunteers, representatives, and assigns (collectively, the "Activity Sponsors") from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action, including without limitation on account of injury, death, or property damage, arising from or relating to my participation in the Activity, whether such claims, demands, and causes of action result from passive or active negligence, omission, or from some other cause of the Activity Sponsors.I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against the Activity Sponsors, and forever release and discharge the Activity Sponsors from liability of such claims.
3. I am aware that “Kriya Yoga Wisdom” meditation techniques include physical exercises and breathing techniques which requires that the participant be in good health and good physical condition to practice them with awareness of one’s own personal limitation and capacity. It is solely the responsibility of the participant to determine their own fitness to practice these “Kriya Yoga Wisdom” meditation techniques. If needed the participant will get the advice of a qualified medical professional at their own cost, before, during and after participating in “Kriya Yoga Wisdom” activities to assess one’s own ability to participate. It is solely the responsibility of the participant to determine their fitness to practice “Kriya Yoga Wisdom” meditation techniques and “Kriya Yoga Wisdom” bares no financial responsibility towards that determination.
4. I am aware and understand that my participation in the activity is entirely knowingly and voluntary. I know, understand, and appreciate these and all other risks that are inherent in my participation I hereby personally assume all such risks, whether foreseen or unforeseen, whether caused by the negligence of the activity sponsors or otherwise.
5. I hereby agree to fully defend, indemnify and hold harmless the activity sponsors from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, losses, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred, brought, or threatened against the activity sponsors in connection with my participation in the activity.
6. I hereby agree for myself, my spouse, children, heirs, personal representatives, and estate not to sue or institute any lawsuit or any other proceeding against the Activity Sponsors or any other party in connection with my participation in the Activity or any matters released, or rights waived in this Waiver.
7. I agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of [New York]. I agree that if any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Waiver, which shall continue to be enforceable.
8. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself.I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any physical or medical condition that I may have.
9. I have read this wavier completely, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. I acknowledge that I am signing this wavier freely and voluntarily and intend my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
10. I agree to follow all safety rules discussed with me by the Activity Sponsors.I understand that the Activity Sponsors are relying on this Waiver, and I agree to be legally bound by this Waiver.This Waiver shall be binding upon my spouse, children, heirs, personal representatives and estate.This Waiver contains the entire understanding among the Participant and the Activity Sponsors, and in entering this Waiver, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations made by the Activity Sponsors other than what is set forth in this Waiver.